
School will only resume in April so what are you doing here? Being here early doesn't mean you get good grades at all!
... And didn't I tell you to stand in the hallway?
So then, you useless students, start clicking on the pics above to navigate through this blog and learn some useful things about life, got it?!!!
Sunday, June 06, 2010
Explodreamer blogged at 1:09 PM
Right. First to update on yday.
Went to Starfest at Funan. Small event, not so crowded. Cosplayers ok ok nia. But it's nice to see someone wearing zetsubou sensei costume. Note, its the clothes im praising, not the cosplayer. Anyways, Pan in the Box sold merchandises there. Typical -imported in to much but no one bought enough- merchandise are there. Such as naruto, naruto n naruto. I'm not happy with the variety there cos its so obvious there's something wrong. It's all right if they're all stuff tat u originally tot it might be hot for grabs. But it's weird if there's only Naruto n A LITTLE of the other stuff. Taiwan made, China made. Color faded so terribly. I'm fine with tat.
Sometimes, I agree its a dilemma when it comes to pricing. I bought the cat eyes hat at $10 which if at AFA, it was sold at 19.90 (different store though). It jus irritates me to see that the profit margin can be altered in such a big degree. Doesn't it jus tempts ppl to want to bargain for more? It also tells ppl tat ur products could be much cheaper n they shld wait for the next flea mkt. That's just a no-no.
Then I was struggling to decide if I shld buy the neko mimi hair clip WITH BELLS. So the lady tried to help by saying, 'why dun u get the one with e tail (but no bells)?' This one (with bells) is for children.'
BAD CHOICE, MILADY.
I pointed at her n said, 'U nv watch BL.'
Priceless expression, bet she felt offended.
Her colleague agreed n said "BL rox.' Wonder if she heard Mousou catalouge.
Come on la, look ard u, mate. How many ten year olds do you see running around screaming at the balloon kamen rider n doraemon? It's simply ridiculous to suggest tat ur merchandise are for kids when ur target audience are young adults/teenagers with enough ego to cosplay! U can try tat if u're at a toy fair in Takashimaya basement. But noooooooo, not at a anime/games event. That just irked me so much it triggered my 'u wanna die?' button.
My fren happened to know the boss for Pan in the box. He helped bargain for the hats and we got a $2 discount. Then the boss told me his shop's location blah blah. My fren tried to improvise by saying 'they have a lot of merchandise n cosplay stuff.'
'Do they have gintama?' I asked skeptically.
'Haaaave, a lot.'
'Like?'
'Like... Okita's eye mask.'
Wrong switch, mate.
'I can get that,' then I mouthed the words. "Almost everywhere.'
Another fren reminded 'Give face.' Then i realised the boss was there. Oh wells.
Look, I'm critical when it comes to merchandises. What u have I can get it anywhere else. Why would I wanna buy frm u instead? Plus, when the boss gave discount, he gave it GRUDGINGY. I believe its a Singaporean culture tat somehow nids to be taken care of and I know it can be done. Look at Lee Hwa jewellery. U bargain n bargain. They're not as perfect at the foreign competitors, thus showing their tired faces. But ultimately, they smile while they give u the discounted price. I truly regretted for not buying tat Sekirei windbreaker when I saw it at the prev prev AFA. Haiz. Then, Sekirei's merchandise are gone. Nil. WTF.
Thus the same thing. It's not impressive enough. It's as if Singapore's market is made up of a very small community's opinions.
There's one or two purikura there. Din take note of it much. Some not so bad figurines tat I din see at AFA. I'll post the pics later. Cosplayers ok ok nia.
Now back to the wk before when I attended SMA's mandarin DJ course. Terrible. Really terrible. If u compared it to Kaplan. First impression: There's no one at the Visitor's counter. True, it may be past normal working hours but I believe anyone with the sense shld have some kind of training coordinator in charge. But they're not ard until 10 mins before the class starts. So i roamed ard the place, found the toilet after one big round. I couldn't find the classroom cos there was NO LABEL AT ALL indicating if this certain conference/meeting room is the classroom. Finally, I peeked into this room with some ppl sitting in looking bored, saw the notes indicating DJ training and sat down. Seriously, once u've been to a place with a certain standard u begin to expect other places to have the same basic standard.
In Kaplan, they have labels n signs n tv screens everywhere telling where the classrooms are regardless if the students were notified in advance thru email. U have ppl who work there ready to assist u.
In SMA, it's almost as if they dumped the place for evacuation, leaving for anyone to rob the place.
First day of class begins with the history of Singapore's radio stations and how to do outdoor hosting. The trainer's some big boss of FM 933. My impression on the History is that there's nothing much. Any impressive feats they've done, they're proud of seemed mediocre to me. I'm not saying its bad. I'm saying that there's not enough entertainment. But that's just me and its sad. I'm not the kind who can be loyal to listening to gossips n 'new' songs with broadcast time probably paid by the the production firms. Its as if u try to be transparent, but u do it too much. I shld have been as ignorant as the other Singaporeans. But noooo, I had to know of radio dramas in Japan. Dang. Anyways, first lesson tried to give some tips on outdoor hosting. Not helpful at all. Simply 'more preparation, more experience. Know how to dress well, talk well, act all.' Duh.
Second day was abt the present n future of DJ. Not a bad topic. The trainer was knowledgeable coming from FM 958. Obviously, the future's abt the internet, how u get information, how u source it and how u interpret it. Again, its more of an experience talk. Frankly speaking, its easy to analyze n process the information n data u have with ur knowledge and share it on air. But if u wanna teach it to someone on HOW to do it, it's not an easy task n I find tat the trainer really tried his best. Its like u almost get the hint, but it can easily flow away if u dun practice it.
Third day was abt radio drama. More technical stuff on production such as walking sounsd, rain sounds n us drooling as the trainer show us how she handled with Pro Tools. She's a dj in FM 933. Then we all got a hand working in grps in trying out how to create short trailers for drama n ads. All voices only, no computer though. Haha. It was a fun experience. The ppl in my grp are so diverse in personality it makes me wanna laugh real loud. One girl who seemingly took higher mother tongue, spoke seemingly good chinese wanted to take the lead. No one hooked on. Another tried to complement but wasn't aggressive enough. Two were quiet n nodded at everything. One of them tried to contribute was always a pace behind the grp. The last one tried to complement as well n she was quite persuasive. I spoke up abt a classroom theme. Everyone like it, we all improvised it and it worked pretty well.
OK, I CONFESSED. I TOOK THE CLASS 3-Z IDEA N MIXED IT WITH GINTAMA'S 3RD DRAMA (telephone shocking track). It worked quite well. Heh.
Fourth day was the worst. Its as if we're short changed. It was the day where we were supposed to try a hand at recording our voices. We were given 5 news articles n wuld record one of it on the trainer's request. Before tat, he started pointing out wat parts to look out for n how to read some of the words. Then he said the recording will take 2 by 2, following the list on the attendance record. Shit. I'm first being Ang. Surprisingly, he didn't say anything abt 'give u 15 mins to practise before we start' Thus, I didn't get to practise at all. I told him frankly and he said 'U didn't practise along with the class?'
What? U mean in tat room with ppl reading out loud, covering each other's voices and doing all the ch-,sh-? How do u noe if u did it correctly if u cant even hear urself? N wat's the point if they dun listen to ur tips? I went into the studio, screwed up towards the end of the track. I read monotonously cos I was busy deciphering the badly printed words n being nervous. Then he said u could leave after u're done recording. Whattt? If i had left, i would have been 830pm only! Thus, ALP stayed on, binged on the mee goreng they provided us with n made some frens while we chit chatted.
On the fifth day, we all sat down n listened to EVERYONE of our recording. Again, it felt as if we were short changed, but to a lesser degree. The trainer correctly pointed out our common mistakes and personal mistakes. Thankfully he didn't say tat my reading sucks, he jus said i was unsure of wat i was reading. WELL DUH. But oh wells, its in my expectations. We got our cert, took out pics with the trainer n say buh bye to each other.
Now, here's my feedback. Dun take SMA courses. At least not the ones tat are not certified. I heard they do it every 6 mths. The contents are terrible n it makes it difficult for the trainers to pass on their knowledge. After all, they are not professional lectuerers. To them we are just suckers paying them to choose one of us to be a DJ, n tat's not even guaranteed. But I agree the experience talk is good for everyone but its still on an elementary level. I could easily get the same kind of talks at my degree n diploma classes. In short, the trainers are great, but the topics n resources given are of poor quality.
Hope the script writing course (which is certified) would be worth my dollars.
Then, yes, WS, I really want a Wii. Stop tempting me with good Wii promo vids.
I'm not going to say I did this from scratch because I didn't. Still, keep on clicking on the pics as much as you like. Don't waste my efforts.
So, as you read it, this is the Profile page. I really appreciate it if you read it and recommend a social psycologist to you if you have the time to bother about reading it.
WAIT!!! DON'T GO AWAY!!! I'M JUST JOKING! READ ON!Here you go, on a plain platter: My profile
Name: Explodreamer (ALP)
DOB: 28 Nov
Blood type: -beep- type
3 sizes: -beep beep beep-
Status: Part time employed/Part time student
Lvl: 22
Job: Fujyoshi 腐女子
Coins: It's really great that I can save coins playing Voltorb Flip. But it's hard to accumulate a lot of it.
HP: Technically speaking, 15. Can be powered up by 100 times with dark skills such as yaoi, anime and beer.
MP: Extreme imagination, usually corrupting and unhealthy. Serious damage to holy characters.
AP: I can survive almost anywhere with a functional computer, proper bathroom, decent food, a good bed and aircon.
TP: Almost switch-girl material
Res: Very weak to Gintama/fantasy/18+ content. Average on Food. Strong against work.
Evd %: Strong procrastination and anti-social behavior.
Agl: Nil. Unless provoked by stalkers, noise makers and finger waggers.
Acc.: Must. Have. Baby G watch. MP4 player, HP, wallet. And DS.
Simple as that. Do me a favour by GIVING me, or at least tell me where to get the ones below for a really cheap price(not from online stores, though).
1. Find a full time job where I can stay around longer
2. Xperion or maybe Omnia
3. Sony Vaio super flat laptop
4. Whole set of Gintama/Gravitation/Love Mode manga
5. Whole set of Onmyouji novel by Yumemakura Baku
6. Visit Jump Fest/Comiket/Kyoto/Touyako (to get that bokuto) in Japan
7. A bigger room. Even better; another room dedicated to my collection of books and manga
8. Get a specialised sth degree so that I can work freelance or something seemingly relaxing
9. Have my own comics rental shop or anime cafe
10. A really good AFA with Ishida Akira as Guest (or someone as good)
11. Relax. Just like Asakura Yoh
12. ...Natto
13. .... Natto and pudding. Maybe some whip?
14. STOP STALKING MY BLOG, YOU STALKING KUNOICHI!
You see, cos ALP is having so much fun doing up this blog, she decides to include something random in there. Hence, the list of anime and manga that she has read/watched.
What's listed here doesn't mean I've watched the whole series, but the least would be 15 min/a chapter - an episode/volume.
A = watched the anime
M = read the Manga/Novel
D = listened to the Drama CD/live action
G = played the Game
DJ = Doujin
GINTAMA (A/M/D/G)
.hack//Roots (A)
Ah! My Goddess (A/M)
Arakawa Under the Bridge (A)
Akazuki Chacha (A)
Allison & Lillia (A)
Amatsuki (A/M/D)
Antique Bakery (A/M/D)
Ayakashi (A)
Ayatsuri Sakon (A/M)
Ayashi no Ceres (M)
Azumanga Daioh (A/M)
Bartender (A)
Brave Story (A)
Bakemonogatari (A)
Battle Programmer SHIRASE (A)
Bleach (A)
Blood + (A/M)
Bokusatsu Tenshin Dokuro-chan (A)
Bus Gamer (A/M)
Busou Renkin (A/M)
Cardcaptor Sakura (A/M/G)
Crimson Spell (M)
Chaos;Head (A)
Chi's Sweet Home (A)
Chobits (M)
Chrono Trigger (A/G)
Code Geass (A)
Cowboy Bebop (A)
D.Gray Man (A)
Darker Than Black (A)
Death Note (A/M/D)
Desert Punk (A)
Detroit Metal City (A/M)
Digimon (A)
D.N. Angel (M)
Detective Academy Q (M/D)
Devil May Cry (A)
Dragon Drive (M)
Dragonaut: The Resonance (A)
Earl and Fairy (A)
El Hazard: The Alternative World (A)
Evagelion (A)
Fujyoshi kanojo (D/M)
Fuyu no Semi (A/M/D)
FLCL
(A) Fruits Basket (A/D)
Fate/Stay Night(A)
Full Metal Panic fumoffu (A)
Full Metal Alchemist (A)
FF: Advent Children (A)
FF: Crisis Core (A)
Gantz (M)
Gankutsuou (A)
Gundam Seed (A)
Getbackers (A/M)
Ghost Hound (A)
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei/Goku/Zan (A)
Gravitation (A/DJ)
Gamerz Heaven (DJ)
Gokudo-kun manyuki (A)
GTO (A)
Gyagu Manga Biyori (A)
Haru wo Daiteita (A/M)
Hetalia (A)
Hellsing (A)
Hikaru no Go (M)
Inukami! (A/M)
ICE (A)
Inuyasha (A)
Jyu Oh Sei (A)
Jigoku Shoujo (A)
Junjou Romantica (A)
Kamen no Maid Guy (A)
Kamisama Kazoku (A)
Kare Kano (A)
Kekkaishi (A)
King of Bandit Jing (A/M)
Kogepan (A)
Kyou kara Maou! (A)
Kino no Tabi (A/M)
Kita e: Diamond Dust Drops (A)
Kokoro Library (A)
K-ON! (A)
Koutetsu Sangokushi (A)
Kurenai (A)
Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (A/M)
Kuroshitsuji (A)
Kurozuka (A)
Kyou no Go no Ni (A)
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki (A)
Kara no Kyoukai (A)
Loveless (A/M)
Love Hina (A)
Lovely Complex (A)
Lucky Star (A/M)
Maburaho (A)
Minami-ke (A)
Macademi Wasshoi (A)
Mahou Sensei Negima (A)
Maple Story (A/G)
Megaman (G)
Miracle Train (A)
Mirage of Blaze (A)
Monster Princess (A)
Macross Frontier (A)
Magic Kaito (A/M)
Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ (A)
Mai-Hime (A)
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (A)
Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo! (A)
Mamotte Shugogetten (A/M)
Matantei Loki Ragnarok (A/M)
Minami-ke (A)
Mnemosyne (A)
Mokke (A)
Monochrome Factor (A)
Moyashimon (A)
Murder Princess (A)
Nabari no Ou (A)
Nagasarete Airantou (A)
Naruto/Shippuuden (A/M)
Natsume Yuujinchou & Zoku (A/M)
Nurarihyon no mago (D/M)
Night Wizard (A)
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (A)
Ouran Host Club (A/M)
Onegai Teacher (A)
Papa to Kiss in the Dark (A)
Princess Princess (A)
Patarillo (A)
One Piece (A)
Rental Magica (A)
Ranma 1/2 (A)
Romeo x Juliet (A)
Rosario + Vampire (A/M)
Rozen Maiden (A)
Rurouni Kenshin (A/M)
Gensoumaden Saiyuki/Saiyuki Reload/Saiyuki Reload Gunlock/Saiyuki gaiden (A/M)
Samurai 7 (A)
Samurai Champloo (A)
Shigofumi (A)
School Rumble (A)
Scrapped Princess (A)
Sekirei (A)
Shakugan no Shana (A)
Shaman King (A/M)
Shingetsutan Tsukihime (A)
Summer wars (A)
Sketchbook ~Full colors~ (A)
Sister Princess (A)
Slam Dunk (A)
Slayers (A)
Shounen Onmyouji (A)
Special A (A)
Steamboy (A)
Sword of Stranger (A)
Spice and Wolf (A)
Sumomo mo momo mo (A)
Suteki Tantei Labyrinth (A)
Pandora Hearts (A)
Paprika (A)
Peacemake Kurogane (A)
Tales of Phantasia (A/G)
Trinity Blood (A)
Tokyo Babylon (A/M)
Tsukuyomi -Moon Phase- (A)
To Aru Majutsu no Index (A)
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (A)
Toki wo kakeru shoujo (A)
Tenshi no Shippo (A)
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (A/M)
Tokyo Underground (A)
Tsubasa Chronicle (A/M)
Vampire Knight (A)
Wagaya no Oinari sama (A)
Working!!! (A)
Witch Hunter Robin (A)
Weiss Kruez (A)
World Destruction (A/M)
xxxHolic (A/M)
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (A)
Yami no Matsuei (A/M/D)
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito (A)
Yotsuba & (M)
Yu-Gi-Oh! (A/M)
Yozakura Quartet (A)
Yume Tsukai (A)
Zero no Tsukaima (A)
Zombie Loan (A)
Michelle
Pei Qin
Kai
youngminstrel
Ferlyn
Kfrenz4eva
My Fanfics
ARCHIVE
August 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 October 2007 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 May 2009 July 2009 October 2009 December 2009 January 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 November 2010 March 2011